PROJEKT KARMA'S KINDNESS PLEDGE
I pledge to myself, on this day,
To try to be kind, in every way.
To every person, big and small,
I will help them if they fall.
When I love myself and others too,
That is the best thing that I can do!
KARMA. GIVE IT. GET IT.
START THE RIPPLE!
Winston Churchill got it right when he said,
"We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give."
Take the Karma Pledge. One person has the power to make a difference. Eceryday remind yourself to reach out to others. Wear your projekt Karma Bracelet as a reminder! Give a PK bracelet to the person you helped or reached out to. Start a ripple effect!
What are you passionate about? What do you want to see changed at your school, neighborhood, work, community and world? Get inspired and get involved by starting your own karma projekt!
IDEAS FOR GENERATING GOOD KARMA
- Open a door for someone.
- See trash, pick it up.
- Anonymously pay for a meal for someone that is dining alone.
- Visit an elderly person in need of assistance or a visit.
- Write a hand written thank you note.
- If you provide some type of service, do it for someone for free.
- Help with a project for those less fortunate than you.
- Be a mentor for someone you know that could use your help.
- Send a thoughtful note to a friend or family member.
- Volunteer to walk an elderly neighbor's dog every week.
- Offer to help someone in need.
- Donate your old cell phone to someone who can use it.
- Offer your seat on the bus or train to someone.
- Drive someone to an appointment.
- Donate your professional clothes to organization that helps people get back to work.
- Pick a cause and donate your time to them.
- Chose to donate to a charity in lieu of a gift.
- Forgive someone, or take the first step to end a disagreement.
When you give - you get joy! The benefit of compassion and giving can be immediately positive.